SUIZAN Replacement Blade for Japanese Saw 9.5 Inch Ryoba Double Edge
- Japanese Style Pull Saw for cutting hard or abrasive woods such as maple, oak, teak and exotic hardwoods
- Two blades in one saw: this product comes with one side of the blade with Cross-Cut teeth and the other with Rip-Cut teeth on a single handle. Instead of carrying two saws, a little less weight.
- Teeth Per Inch: 15 TPI (Cross-Cut) & 9 TPI (Rip-Cut) / Blade Length: 9 1/2 inch / Blade Thickness: 0.02 inch / Overall length: 24 inch
- The saw blade is easily interchangeable and you can buy a replacement blade on this page. When you remove the handle, the saw will fit neatly into your toolbox
- All SUIZAN products are manufactured in Japan by Japanese master craftsmen
SUIZAN, a Japanese brand, makes high quality sharp blades.
This product is a pull saw.
What most people are used to are European saws, which cut materials via pushing, thus are called “push saws.”
On the other hand, Japanese saws cut materials via pulling and thus are called “pull saws,” which is what this product is.
In comparison to “push saws,” “pull saws” are lighter in weight, requires less power, and the resulting edge is cleaner.
Nowadays, the “pull saw” has become mainstream in countries other than Japan.
This saw is designed for cutting hard or abrasive woods such as maple, oak, teak and exotic hardwoods.
The blade is thin (0.02 inch) and has a greater number of teeth per inch (15 TPI & 9 TPI) than comparable saws of its size.
This creates an exceedingly smooth, accurate cut.
PULL SAW TECHNIQUE
1. Always hold the branch securely
2. Start cutting by lightly dragging the blade across the branch towards you
3. Slide the blade forward. No cutting takes place on this forward or push stroke
4. Repeat until the branch is cut
5. Apply light pressure on the pull stroke and simply slide the blade forward. Let the teeth do the work
EXCHANGING THE BLADE
The saw blade is interchangeable. If your blade is broken, please buy a replacement blade.
We sell the replacement blades on this page.
– Blade Length: 9-1/2 inch
– Overall Length: 24 inch
– Blade Width (range): 3-1/8 to 4 inch
– Cross-Cut Teeth: 15 TPI
– Rip-Cut Teeth: 9 TPI
– Blade Thickness: 0.02 inch
– Handle: Rattan-Wrapped Handle